We invite you to showcase your garden!
In celebration of PHS’s mission to garden for the greater good, the annual PHS Gardening Contest welcomes entries from all types of gardens that demonstrate:
- Aesthetic appeal, beauty, innovation, and effective design
- Plant health, sustainable practices and resourcefulness
- Edible plants
- Habitat for pollinators and other wildlife
- Connections to family, neighbors and/or community
Who Can Enter?
Entries are accepted for gardens located in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. All gardening situations are eligible including but not limited to:
- Home gardens (including containers)
- Community gardens and urban farms
- Neighborhood or block gardens
- Children's or school gardens
- Volunteer plantings: public spaces, business establishments or on commercial strips
To enter your garden in the PHS Gardening Contest, register with the online entry form:
Submit 2-3 photos to [email protected].
All entries must be submitted by June 7th.
Onsite judging will begin in July.
Contest participants have the opportunity to take part in a number of PHS Programs throughout the season.
Interested in becoming a Gardening Contest judge or volunteer? Call 215.988.8897 or click the image above to email [email protected] to apply.
See the list of all 2018 PHS Gardening and Greening Contest winners.
Nominate Your Neighbor
Is there an impressive garden or green space near you that always makes you smile? You can nominate your favorite neighborhood garden! Simply enter their street address and contact information on the online registration form, and PHS will do the rest.